Thu, 03 Nov|
Golden Bay Sustainable Living Centre
Natural Building Course
Join the course for experiential learning about natural building techniques and discover the infinite possibilities and creativity to build with natural components!
Time & Location
03 Nov 2022, 9:00 am NZDT – 07 Nov 2022, 5:00 pm NZDT
Golden Bay Sustainable Living Centre, 24 Waitapu Road, Tākaka 7110, New Zealand
About The Event
Come and play with clay, sand and straw at the Sustainable Living Centre!
We will explore how these components can create diverse buildings with endless creative possibilities.
What you'll learn:
- A range of techniques to build earth walls
- How to finish walls with mud plaster and lime plaster
- Design and make creative cob walls with bottles and mosaics
- How to work with light earth and apply cob to light earth walls
- You will build an indoor cob bench from scratch
When & Where
The course runs daily 9am - 5pm and will be held at our Learning Hub at the Sustainable Living Centre, where our walls showcase many different earth building styles.
Address: 24 Waitapu Road, Tākaka
$450, which includes all materials and lunch.
You can also opt to join only on Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th to build an indoor cob bench for $175.
Spaces limited. Register here: https://forms.gle/U4uJFdtSbr3jy8EaA
For more information, please email email@example.com